United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

Work Visa


It is illegal to work in the United States without a visa or permit. This could lead to legal action against the person. Travelers are not allowed to work under several visas. You cannot receive a salary in the US or any other remuneration under ESTA travel authorization or B visas.

To work in the U.S., including part-time, travelers must apply for a Work Visa. It is a good idea to verify the contents of any business activity while you are in the U.S. and the duration in advance. Below are the types of temporary work visas available in the United States.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

E-2 Treaty Investor Work Visa

A person who plans to invest in a US business can use the E2 visa to allow them to come to the US and manage and grow their business. The visa allows those who are essential to running the business, such as managers or people with special skills to also come to the US.

Visa for Religious Work Visa

The R-1 Religious Work Visa allows people working in religion to temporarily visit the United States to perform religious work. This applies to both religious leaders as well as people who work in the religious field but are not considered leaders.

L-1 Intracompany Transferee

As a manager, executive, or in a job that involves specialized knowledge, you can work in a parent, affiliate, or branch of the employer. The L-1 visa applicant must be a consistent worker for the same employer over the last three years.

H-2 for Skilled and Unskilled Workers

The H-2 visa allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in nonagricultural positions. This visa is granted to non-agricultural workers who are temporarily employed in construction, landscaping, housekeeping and other jobs.

H-1C Nurse Work Visa

The H-1C visa for registered nurses is a non-immigrant visa that allows them to temporarily work in certain healthcare facilities. The H-1C visa was specifically created to address the problem of a chronic shortage in registered nurses in certain regions of the United States.

H-1B for College-Educated Professionals

The H-1B visa allows for special skills in finance or technology to work in the United States.

H-3: Special Education visitor or Trainee

The H-3 visa allows non-immigrants to enter the United States to receive training in specific areas. The worker must have a plan to return home after the completion of training.

O-1 Extraordinary Achievement or Ability

The O-1 Employment Visa targets individuals who have exceptional achievement or talent in science, business, math, the arts, education, or athletics. These include those who provide essential support for the above-mentioned individuals.

P visa for artist or entertainer

The P visa is an American non-immigrant visa that allows artists, athletes, and entertainers to come to the United States for work. There are three types of P visas: P-1, 2 and 3. They are for internationally recognized performers and reciprocal exchange performers.

E-3 Work visa available for Australians

The E-3 visa allows Australian citizens to apply for a non-immigrant visa that will allow them to work in the United States. Although similar to H-1B visas, the E-3 visa is available only to Australian citizens. It also has a lower annual limit.