United States Immigration Services
Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More
United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.
F-1 Student & Exchange Visas Application GuideDownload
F-1 Student Visa Information: Foreign students are welcome to American language schools, universities, and other higher education institutions. The USCIS approves thousands of institutions that can accept full-time foreign students. You can change schools or universities while on an F-1 visa without having to leave the country.
- Start Application Immediately
- Easy to Understand Instructions
- Apply Online or by Mail
- Pricing and Fee Information Included
- Checklist of Required Documents
- Unlimited Online Support
- F-1 Student Visa Overview
- F-1 Student Visa Requirements
- F-1 Student Visa Benefits
- F-1 Student Visa Drawbacks
- Information about F-1 Student Visa Eligibility
- Student Visa Interview Information
- How to apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- How to change your status to F-1 student if you’re already in the United States
- Visa Eligibility Information
- List of Documents Required
- Information about Filing Fees
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
- Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
- How to get the most recent United States immigration forms
F-1 Student Visa Requirements
You can travel on an F-1 student visa.
- If they have a valid F-1 Student visa, foreign students can enter the United States multiple time.
- To avoid problems at the U.S. entry port, it is crucial that F-1 Student Visa holders have all required documents and signed authorizations.
- To be allowed entry, the passport must be valid for a specified period.
- F-1 Visa holders are also allowed to travel within the United States.
Apply for F-1 Student Visa
- Students can work on campus while they are enrolled in school.
- Students can apply for Curricular Practical Training, or CPT, to gain practical experience in their chosen field while still being full-time students.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT), which is available to students after completing a degree as a full-time employee, may be offered.
- Many students who obtain a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the United States are sponsored by their employers for an H-1B Work Visa.