United States Immigration Services
Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More
United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.
DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application FormDownload
The U.S. Department of State has released Form DS160 online. The purpose of Form DS-160, which is an online form, is to combine multiple DS application forms like DS-156 and DS-157 into one that can be submitted electronically. The DS-160 form is used only to apply for a nonimmigrant visa, such as a B-2 Tourist Visa and B-1 Business Visa. The "Nonimmigrant Visa Applications Form" is now Form DS160. Important to remember that Form DS160 does not remove the need for an interview. Two main steps are required to apply for a US visa.
- Start Application Immediately
- Easy to Understand Instructions
- Apply Online or by Mail
- Pricing and Fee Information Included
- Checklist of Required Documents
- Unlimited Online Support
Step 1: Apply online
Step 1: Apply online
- Online Complete the Form DS160
- To begin, you will need the minimum information:
- Your passport
- Information about any previous US visas (if applicable)
- If you have already booked your trip, please include details about your travel arrangements.
- If you have been to the United States before, the dates of your 5 most recent visits.
- A resume, including your education and work history, may be required.
- Additional information, such as the purpose of your trip
- Only questions marked as “Optional” do not have to be answered.
- You can save the partial application to be completed within 30 days if you are unable or unwilling to complete the online application.
- Upload a digital photo to your online application or bring a photograph with you to the Embassy when you go for your interview .
- All answers must be given in English using English letters and characters.
Step 2: Schedule the Visa Interview
- After you have completed Form DS160 online, you will be able to schedule an interview at a US embassy.
- Bring the completed application or the confirmation page with you to the interview.
- The interview schedule varies depending on the country (online, by phone, PIN-based, by phone, etc.).
Exceptions: These visa applications still require Form DS156K, Form DS156K, Form DS157 (if applicable), and Form DS158 (if applicable).
- K-1 Visa: fiancé of a U.S. Citizen
- K-2 Visa: Children of a K-1
- K-3 Visa: Spouse to a U.S. Citizen
- K-4 Visa: Children of a K-3
- For certain E Visas, you will need to complete form DS-156E
The U.S. Consulates and Embassies use the new Form DS-160.
To complete Form DS160 online, you must have an internet connection.