United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

C-1 Transit Visa Application Guide


General Information about the C-1 Transit Visa: The C-1 Transit Visa allows non-immigrants to enter the United States and transit to another country. You can use the C-1 Transit Visa to travel within the United States and back to another country. A valid B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa is sufficient to get a US Transit Visa. Transit through the United States may not be made possible by any other valid nonimmigrant visa. C-1 Transit Visas are not required for individuals from Visa Waiver Countries. Please note: The Transit Without Visa (TWOV) program and International-to-International (ITI) program were both suspended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of State on August 2nd, 2003.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What's included

What's included

  • C-1 Transit Visa Overview
  • C-1 Transit Visa Requirements
  • C-1 Transit Visa Benefits
  • C-1 Transit Visa Drawbacks
  • Information about C-1 Transit Visa Eligibility
  • How to apply for a C-1 Transit Visa
  • Transit Visa Interview Information
  • Visa Waiver information
  • List of Countries included in the Visa Waiver Program

Additional Information

  • Visa Eligibility Information
  • List of Documents Required
  • Information about Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms


You may be eligible to travel to the United States for up to 90 days without a visa if you are a citizen of one of the 40 Visa Waiver Countries. For more information about how to apply for Visa Waiver Program, download the “Visa Waiver Program Applicant Guide”. Most applicants receive their Visa Waiver Confirmation online within five minutes.

C-1 Transit Visa Eligibility Conditions:

A C-1 Transit Visa is available to most foreign nationals who travel through the United States to another country. C-1 Transit Visa holders can stay in the United States for up to 29 days. C-1 Transit Visa holders must leave the United States by the scheduled flight or ship of departure or within 29 days, whichever comes first. In order to travel to the United States, some applicants might need to apply for a B-1 Business Visa and a B-2 Tourist Visa. A passport from a Visa waiver country is sufficient to be granted a transit visa. Further information is available in the C-1 Transit Visa Application Guide.