United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide


General Information about the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: J-1 Visas are issued by the United States government to individuals who participate in exchange visitor programs sponsored or managed by schools, businesses, and other organizations. These programs are intended for students, business and industrial workers, researchers, scholars, international visitors, teachers, research associates, and people on cultural missions. There are also many exchange visitor programs available for young people. These include summer employment programs, internships for university students, and au-pair programs.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What's included

What's included

  • J-1 Exchange Visa Overview
  • J-1 Exchange Visa Requirements
  • J-1 Exchange Visa Benefits
  • J-1 Exchange Visa Drawbacks
  • Information about J-1 Exchange Visa Eligibility
  • How to apply for a J-1 Exchange Visa
  • Information about the J-1 Exchange Interview
  • How to get visas for spouse and children accompanying you

Additional Information

  • If the Applicant is abroad, Filing procedures
  • Filing procedures for applicants who are already in the U.S.
  • Information about J-1 Visa Extension
  • List of Documents Required
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms

J-1 Exchange Visitor Eligibility Conditions:

If an individual is coming to the United States as a student or scholar, teacher, researcher, teacher, doctor, graduate, international visitor, or medical assistant, they meet the requirements for a J1 Exchange Visitor Visa. This visa is issued by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State.

The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Program covers the following activities:

  • Au-pair or nanny
  • Staff and counsellors for summer camp
  • Students who are post-graduate
  • Visitors from the government
  • Medical students who are interns or residents in the United States come to study medicine.
  • Universities sponsor foreign scholars as temporary faculty
  • Trainees in the Industrial and Business Sectors
  • Activities that are part of an approved exchange program by the U.S. Department of State

Guide to the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide

Comprehensive and informative guide to the J-1 Visa. It contains all that is needed to apply for this visa successfully.