United States Immigration Services
Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More
United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.
Guide to Immigration Medical Exam (incl. List of Approved Physicians)Download
Individuals who want to apply for immigrant visas abroad or adjust their status in the United States will need to undergo an Immigration Medical Exam. Without a medical exam, it is impossible to adjust your status or obtain an immigrant visa. A USCIS-approved doctor must conduct the medical exam. The complete list of USCIS-approved immigration doctors is available in the Immigration Medical Exam Guide, which can be downloaded immediately from this page. Before a temporary or permanent residence application can be approved, it must be supported by proof of treatment and follow-up tests. Additional immunizations may be required for children. The validity of medical examinations is generally for 12 months. If you are a legal resident, but have changed to U.S. citizenship, you may need to take the immigrant medical examination again. Before you can change your status or apply for an immigrant visa, the medical exam must be completed. You can find answers to your questions about medical exams for immigration purposes in the Medical Exam Information Guide.
- Start Application Immediately
- Easy to Understand Instructions
- Apply Online or by Mail
- Pricing and Fee Information Included
- Checklist of Required Documents
- Unlimited Online Support
- List of USCIS-approved immigration doctors
- Panel physician checklist
- Clearance requirements for Immigration Medical Exam
- For examination in the United States, you can use the Immigration Medical Exam Forms
- For examinations outside the United States, you can use the Immigration Medical Exam Forms
- How to get the most recent United States immigration forms
Immigration Medical Examinations Required for the Following Applications Within the United States:
- Anyone who is able to adjust status to permanent U.S. citizen ( Green Card).
- Green Card Investment
- Asylum Seekers, Refugees
Immigration Medical Examinations Required for the Following Applications Outside of the United States:
- Individuals who apply for immigrant visas ( Green Cards )
Information about the Immigration Medical Examination
- This is done to determine if you have any diseases that need further treatment.
- If necessary, you may be asked to take additional tests at other health offices.
- Only USCIS-designated civil surgeons may perform medical exams
- Before the form is returned, it must be signed and endorsed by an American immigration doctor
- If you have taken X-rays, the films should be given to you once you are cleared
A Medical Test May Be Required
- Syphilis is for applicants aged 15 and older
- HIV (blood test).
- Mental defect
- Addiction to narcotic drugs
- Psychopathic personality
- Lymphogranuloma venerum
- Granuloma inguinal
- USCIS approves immunizations
- An immigration officer will receive your results.
- Some health departments may share your results
- Your results could be shared with other public-health authorities