United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

US Green Card


The United States Permanent Resident Card (also known as the US Green Card) is proof that a person is a legal permanent resident in the United States. A Green Card holder is allowed to work and live permanently in the United States. You can apply for a Green Card in many ways. Learn about the eligibility criteria for Green Cards to help you prepare for your application. The Green Card application process is affected by whether the applicant is applying from the United States or abroad.

Change of Address for Green Card and Visa Holders

Important Information for Green Card Holders and Visa Holders: Failure to give the USCIS a written notice of the address change (Form AR-11), within 10 days of being in the United States for more than 30 days is a misdemeanour crime. Individuals convicted can face a fine of up to $200, imprisonment for up to 30 days or both. Ref. INA SS 266,(b). The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement run a Special Registration program that requires certain nationalities to undergo additional security procedures to confirm their address change while they are in the United States. The Change of Address Information Guide lists the specific procedures and nationalities.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What's included

What's included

  • Overview of Changes in Address
  • Who should inform the USCIS of a change in address?
  • Requirements of nonimmigrant visa holders (such as F-1, H1B etc.
  • For permanent residents (Green Card holders), there are certain requirements
  • Information for individuals who need “Special Register”
  • USCIS Mailing Information
  • Designated Ports for Departure
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation

  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • Information about eligibility
  • Information about Address Change Filing
  • List of Documents Required
  • Information about Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms
Not a separate requirement but necessary to allow visitors to legally stay in the United States, providing the USCIS with the change of address information is essential. Visitors who fail to comply with the change-of-address requirement during their stay in America will be “Out of Status”.

Notice of Change in Address applies to:

  • Nonimmigrant Visa Holders (visas like F-1 and H-1B)
  • Permanent United States residents who are Green Card holders
Being out of status can result in detention, arrest, fines and/or removal from the United States. Future visa applications for entry to the United States could also be affected.