United States Immigration Services
Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More
United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.
Green Card through Relatives Application GuideDownload
The sponsoring relative must be either a U.S. citizen (Green Card holder) or a permanent resident (Green Card holder). The application guide can be downloaded here if the sponsoring relative is an American citizen. If the sponsoring relative holds a Green Card, you can download the "Green Card through Permanent Relative Application Guide".
Individuals who have relatives in the United States may be able to apply for a Green Card through them. If the sponsoring relative is an American citizen, family members might be eligible for permanent resident status (also known by a Green Card). It can be difficult and expensive to apply for a Green Card through a relative. The Green Card through Family Application Guide simplifies the process. This guide will help you file your Family Based Green Card application as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Start Application Immediately
- Easy to Understand Instructions
- Apply Online or by Mail
- Pricing and Fee Information Included
- Checklist of Required Documents
- Unlimited Online Support
- Green Card via Relatives Overview
- Information about eligibility for the Green Card through Relatives
- When the sponsoring relative of the applicant is a U.S citizen, there are no application procedures
- How to file the application and petition
- Information about the interview for the Green Card Application
- How to appeal a denial of an application
- How to apply for a temporary work permit to allow employment while your Green Card application is being processed
- How to send an application to a U.S. Consulate or Embassy abroad
- How to submit the USCIS application in the United States
- List of Documents Required
- Information about Filing Fees
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
- How to get the most recent United States immigration forms
You can choose to have a family member sponsor you for a Green Card.
- Either a husband or a wife (please see our Green Card through Marriage application).
- Widower or widower of U.S. citizens
- Sister or brother (including half-brothers, and half-sisters).
- Father or mother (includes illegitimate children).
- Stepson or stepdaughter
- Stepparent to a U.S. citizen children
- Adopted child or son
- Adoptive parent (please see our Green Card through Adoption section).
- Mother or father
- Child or spouse who is abused or battered