United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

Green Card through Marriage to Green Card Holder



 The sponsoring spouse (legally-married husband or wife) may be either a U.S. citizen (Green Card holder) or a permanent resident (Green Card holder). You can download the application guide here if the sponsoring spouse holds a Green Card. If the sponsoring spouse is a U.S citizen, however, you can download the "Green Card through marriage to a U.S Citizen Application Guide".

To be able to work and live permanently in the United States, a foreign national must first become a permanent residence. A marriage to an already permanent resident of the U.S. is one way to get a green card or permanent resident status. As long as the spouses or children of permanent residents are eligible and their permanent resident husbands/wives are willing to sponsor them, they can apply for green cards. The Green Card through Marriage to a Green Card holder Application Guide will help you understand the requirements to be eligible for a Green card through marriage to a permanent citizen in the United States. This guide will also help you to apply for a Green card through a sponsoring spouse.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What's included

What's included

  • How to obtain a Green Card for a spouse (Green Card holder) who is a U.S. permanent residence
  • How to get a Green Card through marriage to a Green Card holder
  • When the spouse or husband is a permanent resident, it is possible to apply for a Green Card.
  • Instructions and procedures for applying
  • How to file the petition.
  • How to obtain a temporary work permit during processing of your application
  • How to appeal against a negative decision regarding the Green Card Application
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms

  • How to submit the application within the United States
  • How to send an application from an Embassy/Consulate overseas
  • List of Documents Required
  • How to get rid of the 2-year conditional residence status
  • Information about Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms
If a foreign citizen marries a U.S. citizen, or permanent resident, he or she can be granted permanent residence in the United States. The spouse/fiancee must be able to sponsor the green card applicant and have the financial resources to support the husband or wife of a U.S. citizen. To be eligible for a Green card through sponsorship by a permanent-resident spouse or husband, there are no educational requirements.