United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

Reproduction of a Birth Certificate


A birth certificate is an official document that confirms one's identity, name and age. The Birth Certificate can be used for many purposes and is required to apply for a U.S. Passport. Each state issues Birth Certificates, and the process for replacing them varies depending on where you were born. The Birth Certificate Replacement Guide explains the process of replacing a Birth Certificate in every state in America.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What's included

What's included

  • Overview of Birth Certificate
  • Eligibility and requirements for birth certificates in each state
  • Each state’s birth certificate privileges and limitations
  • How to get the Birth Certificate Replacement Application Forms
  • Instructions for filing birth certificates, including instructions on filing fees and mailing addresses
  • How to request a replacement birth certificate at the U.S. Consulate (if you were born abroad)
  • Information about eligibility

  • List of Documents Required
  • Information about Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms

Birth Certificate of US Citizens Born Abroad

Individuals who were born outside the United States of America are issued Form DS-24 (Consular Record of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of America) or Form DS-1350 (“Certification of Report of birth”) forms. These forms are the same as US Birth Certificates and can be recognized as official documents. Only Form DS-240 or Form DS-1350 are available if the birth was registered at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy. A U.S. Birth Certificate is not available to individuals born overseas. Just like U.S. citizens, foreigners cannot obtain birth cecertificates The Birth Certificate Replacement Guide provides more information on how to get a copy of Form DS-240 and Form DS-1350.

Eligibility Requirements

Only individuals who were born in the United States are eligible to apply for a replacement U.S. Birth Certificate. Birth Certificate. This applies to all individuals who were born outside the United States. These children are often called Anchor Babies. At a later date, the parents and other relatives may immigrate to America through their American-born child. In most cases, a foreign national born in the United States will automatically be granted Dual Citizenship upon their birth. For Form DS-240 and Form DS-1350 to be issued, individuals who were born in the United States must have their birth recorded by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

For the following applications, a copy of your birth certificate is required:

  • U.S. Passport
  • Certificate Of Citizenship
  • Green Card Application
  • U.S. U.S. Driver’s License
  • Social Security Card
  • ITIN (Individual taxpayer identification number)