United States Immigration Services

Online Guide to U.S. Visas, ESTA, Green Cards & More

United States Immigration Services is a major publisher of immigration guides and legal eBooks. Our do-it-yourself immigration guides are designed to assist immigrants in navigating the complicated United States immigration system. We strive to provide the best information about immigration to the United States.

B-1 Business and B-2 Tourist Visa Extension of Stay


Information about Extension of Stay for Tourist and Business Visas - Foreign nationals who enter the United States with a B-1 Business Visa or a B-2 Tourist Visa are issued an I94 form by an American immigration officer on their entry. A small, white card called the I-94 Form shows the bearer's arrival date as well as the location of his entry to the United States. It also indicates the deadline by which the bearer must leave the United States. B-1 Business Visas or B-2 Tourist Visas allow travellers to remain in the United States for up to six months. There is the possibility of extending this period for an additional six months. This is subject to the approval of the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, formerly INS) extension application.

  • Start Application Immediately
  • Easy to Understand Instructions
  • Apply Online or by Mail
  • Pricing and Fee Information Included
  • Checklist of Required Documents
  • Unlimited Online Support

What's included

What's included

  • Information about Extension of Stay for B-1 Business Visa
  • Information about Extension of Stay for B-2 Tourist Visa
  • What is the difference between Visa Extension & Extension of Stay?
  • Step-by-Step instructions for visa extensions
  • Sample letter to USCIS asking for an extension of stay in America
  • Instructions for filing an Application to Change/Extend Nonimmigrant Status
  • Instructions for Filing an Affidavit Of Support

Additional Information

  • Visa Extension of Stay Eligibility Information
  • List of Documents Required
  • Information about Filing Fees
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
  • List of all USCIS Offices in the Nation
  • Directory of U.S. Consulates and Embassies
  • How to get the most recent United States immigration forms

Visa Extension or Extension of Stay:

An application for an extension of stay can only be filed by persons who are in the United States with a B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa. This application guide was created to assist individuals already in the United States with a request for an extension of their stay. You cannot extend a B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa if you’re abroad. Instead, you must apply for a visa at an American Embassy or Consulate in your country.