H-1B Work Visa Application Guide

Add Items to Cart

Download Now


Quick Overview

H1B visas are available to college educated professionals who wish to live and work in the United States. The applicant needs to be in a "Specialty Occupations" and make a valuable contribution to the American economy. A maximum of 65,000 H-1B Visas are issued every year. H1B visas are normally issued for up to three years and may be extended. The maximum stay is six years. In many cases the same company that sponsored the applicant for the H1B also sponsors the applicant for a Green Card through Employment.
Overview of Contents
  • Overview of the H1B Work Visa Application Process
  • H1B Work Visa Eligibility
  • Application Procedures for H1B Work Visa
  • Drawbacks and Benefits of H1B Work Visa
  • List of Required Documents for H1B Work Visa
  • Information on H-1B Work Visa quota and cap
  • Finding an H-1B Job and Sponsor
  • How to apply for a H4 dependent visa for spouse and children
  • Instructions on Applying at a U.S. Consulate
  • Instructions on Applying if You Are already in the U.S.
  • Photo Requirements
  • Information on Visa Filing Fees
  • Learn how to prepare yourself for the Visa Interview
  • Learn what to do if your application is denied
  • Extension and renewal information
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on H1B work visas
  • List of USCIS Offices in the United States
  • List of U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad
  • All required immigration forms are included

Product Description

Eligibility Requirements for the H-1B Work Visas:
Applicants seeking temporary work in a "Specialty Occupation" may be issued the H-1B Non-Immigrant Work Visa which requires the skills of a professional. These include for example – doctors, nurses, scientists, architects accounting, computer analysts, programmers, database administrators, web designers, engineers, financial analysts and lawyers. Employers submit the petitions based on their need for the non-U.S.-resident employee. The applicant may possess a bachelor's degree or to make up for the lack of a master’s degree have requisite experience.

If you don't qualify for a H1B Work Visa, you may qualify for other U.S. work visas: