F-1 Student Visa Application Guide

Add Items to Cart

Download Now


Quick Overview

The F-1 Student Visa Application Guide includes general information about the F-1 US student visa and eligibility requirements. Also contains information on traveling on a student visa. Foreign students are welcomed by United States learning institutions by the thousands to American language schools, high schools, universities and other institutions of higher education. These are approved by the USCIS to accept foreign students as full time students and it’s possible to change universities and schools without leaving the country while being on an F-1 Visa.
Overview of Contents
  • Overview of the F-1 Student Visa Application Process
  • F-1 Student Visa Eligibility
  • Application Procedures for F-1 Student Visa
  • Drawbacks and Benefits of F-1 Student Visa
  • List of Required Documents for F-1 Student Visa
  • What is Form I-20?
  • How to apply for a dependent visa for spouse and children
  • Information about Coming to the U.S. to Look for a University
  • Instructions on Applying at a U.S. Consulate
  • Instructions on Applying if You Are already in the U.S.
  • How to apply to work authorization
  • How to transfer schools while on F-1 student visa status
  • Photo Requirements
  • Information on Visa Filing Fees
  • Learn how to prepare yourself for the Visa Interview
  • Learn what to do if your application is denied
  • Extension and renewal information
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for U.S. student visas
  • List of USCIS Offices in the United States
  • List of U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad
  • All required immigration forms are included

Product Description

Eligibility Requirements for the F-1 Visa Student Visa applicants must come to the U.S. to pursue an academic program in an institution recognized by the United States government with a valid educational purpose for coming and enroll as a full time student. The foreign citizen may not be a part-time student on an F-1 Visa and may stay in the U.S. for as long as the student is enrolled in school. The student visa is normally issued at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the student’s home country.

About F-1 Student Visas:
  • The school needs to issue a Form I-20 to the student prior to the F-1 Student Visa application
  • F-1 visa holders are normally issued multiple entry visas, but they may require authorization from the school in order to leave the United States and be allowed back in
  • F-1 visa holders may travel freely within the within the United States
  • F-1 visa holders can work part-time on campus
  • To gain work experience in their field of study while being a full time student students may apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
  • Once the degree is completed, as a full time employee students may take advantage of Optional Practical Training (OPT)
  • A great number of students obtaining a bachelor or master degree in the U.S. take the next step obtaining sponsorship by their employer on an H-1B Work Visa