Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen

Add Items to Cart

Download Now

Quick Overview

Marriage to a U.S. Citizen or Resident?

One of the most common ways to obtain a Green Card is to marry a United States citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder). The first step is to establish if the sponsor is a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder. The guide available for download on this page contains information on how a United States Citizen can sponsor his/her spouse for a Green Card. If you are a Green Card holder and would like to sponsor your spouse, you should download the Green Card through Marriage to a Green Card Holder application guide.

About the Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen:
The Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen is a step-by-step immigration marriage guide to help you file your Green Card application as efficiently and quickly as possible. Obtaining Green Cards through Marriage can be complicated. This guide can help you make sense of it all.
Overview of Contents
  • Overview of the Green Card through Marriage Application Process
  • Application Procedures for Green Card through Marriage
  • How to Apply if you get married in the United States
  • How to Apply if you get married Outside the United States
  • Application procedures for Green Card holder sponsors
  • How to Apply for a Temporary Work Authorization so you can work while the application is being processed
  • Sample Interview Questions and Answers
  • Explanation of the 2-Year Conditional Residence
  • How to Remove the 2 Year Conditional Residence
  • Application Form Guidelines
  • Document Checklist for Green Card by Marriage
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
  • List of USCIS Offices in the United States
  • List of U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad
  • All required immigration forms are included

Product Description

Green Card through Marriage Facts:
  • Every year over 450,000 thousand United States citizens marry foreign-born individuals and petition for them to obtain a permanent residency (Green Card) in the United States.
  • Spouses of U.S. citizens are considered "immediate relatives" under immigration laws; therefore they are excluded from all numerical quota limitations. This means that there are an unlimited number of Green Cards available to foreign nationals who marry U.S. citizens.
  • The process of completing and submitting a request for a Green Card through Marriage can take a long time. If the foreign national is currently outside the United States, it is possible to obtain a K-1 FiancĂ©e and FiancĂ© Visa so the foreign national can come to the United States to marry the U.S. citizen once he or she arrives in the country.