Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Form I-90

Form I-90 should be used by lawful permanent residents to apply for a replacement or renewal of a “Green Card”. Form I-90 can be used by conditional permanent residents to apply for a replacement of an existing Green Card, however conditional permanent residents should not use Form I-90 to apply for an extension of their status. Form I-90 is not the appropriate form to use for those who have obtained their conditional permanent residency status through marriage or entrepreneurship and wish to remove the conditions on their residence.

Each Form I-90 must be signed by the applicant. Form I-90 should not be used when the immigrant is a conditional resident and his or her status is expiring. For applicants under the age of 14 years, a parent or legal guardian may sign Form I-90 on behalf of the minor child. Copies of all required initial evidence must be submitted with Form I-90 at the time of filing. It is not necessary to include original documents with the Form I-90 application unless specified on the form. Failure to provide documentation will result in a denial or delay of the Form I-90 application.

A document containing foreign language submitted in support of a Form I-90 application must be accompanied by a full English translation of the document and certification by the translator that the translation is complete and accurate. Translated documents submitted in support of Form I-90 must also include a certification by the translator that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English.