Quick OverviewThe Visa Waiver Program allows citizens of the 36 visa waiver countries to travel to the United States for up to 90 day visa-free. The Visa Waiver Program Information Guide includes general information about the Visa Waiver Program, list of eligible country, additional eligibility requirements and application instructions. Download the Visa Waiver Program Information Guide and learn if you qualify.
- Overview of Contents
- Overview of the Visa Waiver Program
- Visa Waiver Program Eligibility Information
- List of 36 Visa Waiver Countries
- Benefits of the Visa Waiver Program
- Drawbacks of the Visa Waiver Program
- How to Apply Online for the Visa Waiver Program
- Information on ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization)
- Information on ESTA Application Fees
- Sample Form and Description of Form I-94W
- Sample US Customs Form with Descriptions
- Departure Record Information
- Learn what to do if your application is denied
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- List of USCIS Offices in the United States
- List of U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad
- All required immigration forms are included
Additional Information About the Visa Waiver Program:
- Travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa is enabled by the Visa Waiver Program for citizens of certain countries.
- Established in 1986 with the objective of promoting better relations between the United States and its allies, eliminating unnecessary barriers to travel, promoting tourism industry, and permitting the Department of State to focus consular resources in other areas.
- Machine-readable passports in addition to other requirements described in the Visa Waiver Program Information Guide are required by all travelers.
- Not all citizens of Visa Waiver countries are eligible to enter the United States Visa-free under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Some applicants might be required to apply for a B-1 Business Visa or a B-2 Tourist Visa in order to visit the United States.
- Online application system.
- Over 90% of applications are approved within minutes.